Sylvia Plath
"Dying
Is an art, like everything else.
I do it exceptionally well.
I do it so it feels like hell.
I do it so it feels real.
I guess you could say I’ve a call."
-Sylvia Plath, Lady Lazarus
Sylvia Plath was an American novelist and poet, known for her works like 'The Bell Jar' and poetry collections, 'Ariel, and 'The Colossus'. Her love for writing was discovered from an early age. started by keeping a journal. After her husband left her for another woman in 1962, Plath fell into a deep depression. Struggling with her mental illness, she wrote The Bell Jar (1963), her only novel, which was based on her life and deals with one young woman's mental breakdown. Plath published the novel under the pseudonym, Victoria Lucas. She also created the poems that would make up the collection Ariel (1965), which was released after her death. Plath committed suicide on February 11, 1963. Later after publishing her novel and two poetry collections, she became the first person to win the Pulitzer Prize posthumously in 1982.
(Biography.com Editors, 2020)

Comments
Post a Comment